When you use Bitkoin Africa Services, we collect information sent to us through your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This includes personal data that you volunteer on forms which you submit to us and in emails that you send to us. In addition we automatically gather details of browser types and IP addresses of the users who visit our site. We do not release this information to any outside party, except in suspected fraud cases.
If you create an account or use Bitkoin Africa Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information - your name, phone number, email address, date of birth and other similar information; and
- Financial information - your full bank account and/or debit card details that you input when you use Bitkoin Africa Services. If you do not use Bitkoin Africa Services, you may opt out of providing this information.
When you use Bitkoin Africa Services, we collect information about your transactions and/or your other activities on our website and we may continuously collect information about your computer, mobile device, or other access device for fraud prevention purposes, to monitor for possible breach of your Bitkoin Africa Account, and to identify any malicious software or other activity that may harm Bitkoin Africa or its users.
Finally, we may collect additional information you may disclose to our customer support team.
- When you submit data to through a form, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence. In order to provide you with a great experience on this site, we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we may need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
- We may also use Local Shared Objects, commonly referred to as "Flash cookies," to help ensure that your account security is not compromised, to spot irregularities in behaviour to help prevent fraud, and to support our sites and services.
We shall encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of Bitkoin Africa Services. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. The help section of most browsers or browser add-ons provides instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling cookies.
As we may eventually sell products it's important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that certain cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price. We intend to use several partners to advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies will simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
More Information If there is something you aren't sure you need or not, it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However, if you still need more information, please contact us.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide Bitkoin Africa Services and customer support you request;
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and/or violations of our posted user terms;
- Customise, measure, and improve Bitkoin Africa Services and the content and layout of our website and applications;
- Deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- Verify your identity by comparing your personal information against third-party databases.
We will not use your personal information for purposes other than those purposes we have disclosed to you, without your permission. From time to time, we may request your permission to allow us to share your personal information with third parties. You may opt out of having your personal information shared with third parties, or from allowing us to use your personal information for any purpose that is incompatible with the purposes for which we originally collected it or subsequently obtained your authorisation. If you choose to so limit the use of your personal information, certain features or Bitkoin Africa Services may not be available to you.
We collect personal data that you volunteer on forms which you submit to us and in emails that you send to us. In addition we automatically gather details of browser types and IP addresses of the users who visit our site. We do not release this information to any outside party, except in suspected fraud cases.
We store and process your personal and transactional information, including certain payment information, where Bitkoin Africa facilities or our service providers are located, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorise access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
Full credit card data is securely transferred and hosted off-site by a payment vendor in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). This information is not accessible to Bitkoin Africa staff.
We store our customers' personal information securely throughout the life of the customer's Bitkoin Africa Account. Bitkoin Africa will retain your personal information for a minimum of five years or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or to resolve disputes.
Correct/Update You may request that we amend any personal data that we are holding about you which is factually inaccurate. You can contact customer support stating your wishes.
Links This website may contain links to other sites. Bitkoin Africa is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.
Online Payment methods Bitkoin Africa is not associated with any of the trademarks which might appear visible in the Online Payment method lists or payment gateways – in this case, Paystack. Bitkoin Africa does not itself support these payment methods, or claim to be in partnership with them. Also, services provided by Bitkoin Africa are not authorised, approved, endorsed or sponsored by any of the payment methods we use or their respective trademark owners. Payment method listings are visible on the Bitkoin Africa website for informative purposes only. Trademarks which might appear visible on the Bitkoin Africa website, belong to the respective trademark owners alone.
Data retention policy We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with national laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Terms of Service and take other actions permitted or required by applicable national laws.
Contacting The Web Site If you have any questions about this Privacy statement, the practices, or your dealing with this web site, please contact us and your inquiry will be dealt with as soon as possible.